BARD PAPER: VERA4003
Masai Heavy Weapons Walker
design by Kyle Platte
This version of the Masai was designed for as a light anti-armor vehicle. Commanders are warned that despite the potential of the 50Mj RF plama gun, this vehicle cannot stand up to main battle tanks and is best used as a flanking element.
Masai Heavy Weapons Walker
- Tech Level: 13
- Price: 5.378 MCr
- Size: 70 m3 (5 tons)
- Mass (Unloaded/Loaded): 92.296 / 100.358
- Power Plant: 22 Mw Fusion Reactor w/1 year's fuel.
- Maint: 17
- Controls: TL13 controls, TL-10 nav aids.
- Computer: TL13 flight computer
- Avionics: Flight Avionics, and TL13 terrain following. NOE=170kph
- Commo: 3000km radio, 30,000km maser
- Sensors: 300km fixed PEMS
- ECM/ECCM: EM Masking
- Life Support Basic
- Cargo: 5.2 m3
- Crew: 3 (Driver, Sensors/Commo, Gunner)
- Passengers: None
- Offensive Turret with 50Mj RF plasma gun and coaxial 6mm G-4P VRF gauss MMG
Six launch rails for 9cm Knifejack series missiles.
- Defensive: None
- Ammo:300 rounds 50Mj and two cassettes 6mm gauss (50,000 rounds ea). Six Knifejack missiles.
- Fire Control: EM rangefinder and ballistic/point defense computer
- Stablization: Advanced, Fire at any speed.
|Weapon || ROF || DamDice|| Pen Val|| Mag|| Short Rng |
|6mm dart ||50 || 9 || 1-2-4 || 50,000Cx2 || 300 (450) |
|6mm HEAP || 50 || 10 || 2-2-2 50,000Cx2 || 300 (335)|
|6mm HE || 50 || 10 ||Nil || 50,000Cx2 || 300 (335)|
|6mm tranq || 50 || -1 || Nil || 50,000Cx2 || 30 (30)|
50 MJ Plasma Gun
|Weapon || ROF || DamDice||Burst||Pen || Pen Val|| Mag|| Short Rng |
| 50Mj RF Plasma||SA5||212 || C-B:45-21 ||1-2-10 ||212-212-61-21 ||300|| 350|
|Weapon || Range ||Damage|| Pen Val ||Price || Cbt Move || Agility || Seeker Rng|
|Knifejack|| 10 ||C-B:13-30 || 101C|| 11,710|| 5004 || 7 || 40km |
|Skipjack || 35 ||C-B:13-30 ||101C || 11,710 ||1390 || 5 || 40km|
|Lazyjack || 110 (5)|| C-B:13-30 ||101C||14,510 ||300 (5004) || 3 (7) || 40km/36km HOJ|
- Max Speed: 113kph over all terrain (flight pack allows 400kph airborne
- Travel Move: 225 (800 in flight)
- Combat Move: 50 (185 in flight)
- Endurance: 1 year
- Fuel Capacity: ???
- Config: Turret
- Suspension: Walker (Grav)
|TF:|| 60 ||HF:||60 |
|TS:|| 30 ||HS:|| 30 |
|TR:|| 14 ||HR:|| 14 |
|Deck:|| 14 ||Belly:|| 30 |
The Masaiıs hull is a spherical design. As such, all armor facings require 17% of the MVM for each centimeter of armor added.
The Masai has fuel scoops for refueling its flight tanks. As it has limited uses in a gas giant, the Masai typically refuels by
dipping itıs belly intakes into a nearby water source. The Masai has no capacity for refining the fuel.
The Masai is capable of folding itıs legs to allow the body to take cover behind buildings, trees or small hills. It takes a full
three seconds to raise or lower the vehicle in this manner. When hidden properly, only the Masaiıs turrets and sensors are
exposed over the cover.
The MMG of the Masai is capable of selecting between the two cassettes. The plasma gun has 10 barrels and can fire up to five times per combat round. The Masai has a 0.213 Mw power surplus.
Traveller is a registered trademark of Far Future Enterprises.
Portions of this material are © 1977-1999 Far Future
BARD Logo Copyright ©1996 by Lawrence C. Cox.