BARD PAPER: VERA0021
TL-5 Light Passenger/Cargo
design by Rupert Boleyn
A while back I had a sudden urge to see how close FF&S1 came to real world
aircraft. The answer for high performance aircraft was: not very. However
when I reverse engineered the old Soviet AN-2 it came out reasonably close.
I thought I'd post the result, because it is a good TL-5 light
passenger/cargo plane, and could be manufactured by many wilds governments
using local industries. I figure that this maens that it would be used to
bulk out a Teddys Grav vehicles for troop transport. Possible worlds would
include Montezuma (Diaspora 2836), Lebherz (Diaspora 3236) and Janie (Old
Other features include the ability to add floats (240kg, CR 2400, multiply
all speeds by 0.77), and a cockpit that has the side windows extended so
the crew can lean over and see directly below them, for easy navigation
etc. The aircraft can carry up to twelve people in a pinch, and has built
in tip-up seating for this number. Six paratroopers and their kit can be
carried instead, with up to 100kg of gear per man, and the passenger/cargo
compartment is big enough to hold up to six strechers and an attendant if
the plane is used for medivac duties. All of these features are copied from the original An-2.
The plane was designed with Fire Fusion & Steel.
TL-5 Light Passenger/Cargo Plane
- Price: 92,331 Cr
- Tech Level: 5
- Size: 288 m3
- Mass: 2,550kg empty, 4,800kg loaded (max TO: 6,480kg)
- Power: 0.6477MW Improved IC engine driving a TL-5 Propeller for 0.452 tons Thrust
- Maint: 2
- Controls: Basic Mechanical
- Comunications: Radio, 30km
- Sensor: Landing and navigation lights
- Electronic Countermeasures: None
- Life Support: O2 for flight crew
- Cargo: 12 passengers in Restricted seating, or 6 in adequate seats or
1,240kg of cargo, or any reasonable combination thereof
- Crew: 2 (Pilot, Co-pilot/navigator)
- Fire Control: None
- Armament: None
- Ammo: None
- Maxiumum Speed: 320km/h, 252km/h loaded
- Cruising Speed: 240km/h, 189km/h loaded
- NOE Speed: NA
- Travel Move: 960km, 752km loaded
- Combat Move: 44, 26 loaded
- Agility: 4 (at all weights)
- Fuel Consumption: 162L HCD/hour
- Internal Fuel Capacity: 810 L
- Endurance: 5 hours
- Range: 1200 km, 945 km loaded.
- Takeoff Roll: 223m, 410m loaded
- Landing Roll: 64m, 79m loaded
®1996. Traveller is a registered trademark of FarFuture Enterprises.
All rights reserved.
BARD Logo Copyright ©1996 by Lawrence C. Cox.