BARD PAPER: SARA9011
design by Franklin W. Cain
In the Reformation Coalition, relic TL-15 Scout/Couriers are relatively
plentiful (compared to other starships). As such, the RC came up with the
Multi-Mission Scout (a modified Scout with a 20-ton module in its belly).
However, the RC started phasing these out in favor of the Victrix-class
Multi-Mission Sloops. One might wonder what is to be done with these
surplus Scouts. One use is to modify them for other uses.
All of these
Scouts have a Tech Level of "12/15." This is because the TL-15 (bonded
superdense) hull was emptied of its TL-15 components, and refilled with
TL-12 components. The salvagable TL-15 components were then used in more
important RC Navy vessels.
It is intended that these ships can be used in the character generation
procedure, where a modified scout ship is called for in the lab ship column.
Alchemist Class Scout/Laboratory
|Displacement: 100 tons
||Hull Armor: 28
|Length: 35 meters
||Volume: 1400 m3
|Price: 58.634 MCr
||Target Size: S
|Configuration: Wedge SL
||Tech Level: 12/15
|Mass (Loaded/Unloaded): 984.872/918.176
- Power Plant: 140 MW TL-12 Fusion Power Plant, one year duration
(5.516 MW surplus)
- Jump Performance: 2
- Jump Fuel: 210 m3
- G-Rating: 2 Gs/HEPlaR (50 MW per G), Contra-Grav Lifters (10 MW)
- G-Turns: 48 (6.25 kiloliters each, enough for 12 hrs. at max. Gs)
- Maint: 42
- Computer: 3x TL-12 Mod Std Computers (0.4 MW each)
- Commo: 1x TL-12 30,000 km Radio (1 hx, 1 MW)
1x TL-12 1,000 AU Laser-Comm (inf., 0.3 MW)
1x TL-12 1,000 AU Maser-Comm (inf., 0.6 MW)
- Avionics: TL-10+
- Sensors: 1x TL-12 30,000 km Active EMS (1 hx, 11 MW)
1x TL-12 90,000 km Passive EMS, fixed array (3 hx, 0.1 MW)
- ECM/ECCM: None
- Controls: Control Deck with 4 Workstations, plus 3 additional
- Offensive 1x Turret Hardpoint Socket (Loc: 10)
- Defensive: See above.
- Master Fire Directors: None
- Life Support: Extended (0.28 MW)
- Grav Compensation: 3G (7 MW)
- Crew: 7 : 2x Maneuver, 1x Electronics, 1x Engineering, 2x Scientist,
- Crew Accommodations: 6x Small Staterooms (0.0005 MW each)
- Passenger Accomadation: None
- Other Facilities: 2x Laboratory (0.8 MW each).
- Cargo: 30.996 m3 1 small cargo hatch.
- Small Craft and Launch Facilities: Internal Hangar (Minimal) for 2-ton
Air/Raft, with Launch Port
- Air Locks: 1
Hull shell is TL-15 bonded superdense. All other components are TL-12.
Fuel scoops capable of ingesting 280 kiloliters (20 dt) per hour.
Fuel purification machinery capable of refining 200 kiloliters every
six hours (15.3 hours for 510 kiloliters, 1.2 MW).
®,1996. Traveller is a registered trademark of FarFuture Enterprises. All rights reserved.
BARD Logo Copyright ©,1996 by Lawrence C. Cox.