BARD PAPER: SARA9001
Transstar Model Y37
design by Michael Bailey
Transstar Model Y37, or
Arafura-Class Yacht, is in service throughout the Solomani
Confederation and adjacent areas. Originally commisioned by the
Solomani Confederation as an executive level transport, the
design has also found favour with other local governments and
individuals. The design has been licensed to a number of smaller
manufacturers, who have produced a number of custom variations on
the Arafura design. Of particular note is the
Flipper-Class, which has been modified for use by Dolphin
crew and passengers.
Transstar licensed the design
to Fremantle Shipyards in 1092, and production began at
Fremantle's yards in the Deneb and Spinward Marches Sectors.
Following the Collapse, Fremantle is now the only builder of this
type. Called locally the Pelsaert, the Model Y37 has sold
in numbers, albiet less than the famous Lord
Baltimore-Class Yacht manufactured by Ling Standard
Transstar is a
wholly-controlled subsidiary of the Solomani Party. Fremantle
Shipyards is a subsidiary of the Fremantle Group.
Designer's Notes: Arafura-Class was named for the
Arafura Sea, a body of water separating Australia from Papua New
Guinea/Irian Jaya (Terra/Sol).
|Displacement: 200 tons
||Hull Armor: 84
|Length: 25.5 meters
||Target Size: S
|Configuration: Dome/Disk SL
||Tech Level: 14
|Mass (Loaded/Unloaded): 1852.681/1673.301
- Power Plant: 90 MW Fusion Power Plant (98 MW/hit), 1 year duration
(3.958 MW excess power)
- Jump Performance: Jump-2 (630 m3 fuel)
- G-Rating: 4-G (100 MW/G)(Heplar), Contra-grav lifters (20 MW)
- G-Turns: 50 (83.6 using jump fuel), 12.5 m3 fuel each
- Maint: 54
- Computer: 3x TL 14 FibComputers (0.5 MW each)
- Commo: 1000 AU radio (unlim., 20 MW), 1000 AU maser (unlim., 0.6 MW)
- Avionics: TL-10+ Avionics
- Sensors: Active EMS 120,000 km (4 hexes, 9 MW)
Passive EMS 150,000 km (5 hexes, 0.15 MW) folding array
- Controls: Bridge with 4 workstation. Plus 11 other workstations. Low Automation controls
2x TL-14 150 Mj Laser Turret (Loc 10,11: Arcs all; 4.2 MW, 1 crew each)
2:1/10-31 4:1/10-31 8:1/10-31 16:1/10-31
- Master Fire Directors
2x TL-14 (5 diff mod,; 8 hexes; 0.07 MW, 1 crew each)
- Life Support: Extended.
- Grav Compensation: 5Gs
- Crew: 15 (2x Maneuver, 4x Engineering, 2x Electronics,
2x Gunnery, 2x Flight, 1x Command, 1x Steward, 1x Medical)
- Crew Accommodations:
1x Large Stateroom (0.001 MW)
7x Small Staterooms (double occupancy, 0.0005 MW each)
- Passenger Accommodations:
5x Large Stateroom (0.001 MW)
1x Lounge/Social area (168 m^3, 0.003 MW)
- Cargo: 48.97 m3. 1 Large cargo hatches.
- Small Craft and Launch Facilities:
1x Minimal hanger for 10 tons of craft
- Air Locks: 1
Fuel purification machinery (0.25 MW), 12.8 hrs to refine 1063 m3
®1996. Traveller is a registered trademark of FarFuture Enterprises. All rights reserved.
©1996 by Paul Walker. Some of the material on this page is copyright by Paul Walker.
BARD Logo Copyright ©1996 by Lawrence C. Cox.
This page constructed by Lewis Roberts.