BARD PAPER: SARA7008
Goshawk Far Trader
design by Lewis Roberts
The Goshawk is an early version of the ubiquitous Far Trader. It was
originally designed near the dawn of the Third Imperium, but did not meet
with popular approval. It was only when the ship was redesigned as the
Jayhawk, that the ship became somewhat popular, but by that time, the
Empress Marva class was available, and the Jayhawk/Goshawk was regulated
to a second class nature. The Goshawk and Jayhawk are identical in
peformance, it is only in outward appearence that they differ. The Goshawk
is rather more bulky looking, with protruding tail fins, which serve no other
purpose, than to make the ship look exceedinly silly.
The ship is rather maintence hungry, while in jump space, much of the crew's tim
e is spent in upkeep of the ship. The standard configuration of the ship is to
have one sandcaster, but this can be switched for another weapon if desired. The
electronics officer controls the sandcaster, but if a weapon is installed, a gu
nnery officer should be hired.
The ship was designed using SSDS as presented in Starships.
Goshawk Far Trader
|Displacement: 200 tons
||Hull Armor: 10
|Length: 43 meters
||Target Size: S
|Configuration: Wedge SL
||Tech Level: 12
|Mass (Loaded/Unloaded): 2579/1444
- Power Plant: 100 MW Fusion. 1 year fuel supply. (15m3 180 tonnes)
- Jump Performance: 2
- G-Rating: 1 w/ Thrusters
- G-Turns: Unlimited
- Fuel Tankage: 560m3 for Jump Drives.
- Maint: 120
- Computer: 3x TL 12 Std Computers
- Commo: 3000 km Radio
- Avionics: TL-10+ Avionics
- Sensors: 3,000km AEMS, 30,000km PEMS Fixed Arrays.
- Controls: 2 Workstations. Low Automation controls
- Offensive: None
- Defensive: TL-12 Sandcaster 30 canisters.
- Master Fire Directors:
- Life Support: Extended.
- Grav Compensation: 3Gs.
- Crew: 5: Pilot, Navigator, Electronics, Engineer and Steward (if passengers are carried).
- Crew Accommodations: Crew each has a small stateroom.
- Passenger Accommodations: 10 small stateroon.
- Cargo: 1090 m3, 4 cargo hatches.
- Small Craft and Launch Facilities: Air Raft in 8 ton hangar with seperate hatch.
- Other Facilities: None
- Air Locks: 2
- Notes:Notes: The ship has fuel scoops and a purification plant.
It is capable of scooping
40 tons of fuel in 1 hour. It is capable of purifying
50 tons of fuel per hour, so it takes 48 minutes to purify
the jump drive fuel.
®1996. Traveller is a registered trademark of FarFuture Enterprises. All rights reserved.
BARD Logo Copyright ©1996 by Lawrence C. Cox.
This page constructed by Lewis Roberts.