BARD PAPER: SARA7005
design by Michael Bailey
The Passchendaele-Class Transport has it's origins in the
mists of antiquity. The original design was produced by the
Terran Confederation from AD 2110 (-2411 Imperial). The
Passchendaele-Class was the first of a series of transport
starships designed and built by the Starbus-Lockheed Consortium
for the Terran Confederation Navy and commercial interests. A
relic Passchendaele-Class (the Meekatharra) was
discovered in an underground storage facility in 1179 by Medoci
archeologists. The facility is believed to part of the orignal
naval base established by the Terran Confederation during the
Interstellar Wars. The Meekatharra, although lacking
jump drives, served as the pattern craft for the
The class has been built in considerable numbers in the
Commonwealth. It's drop tanks allow two jumps totalling three
parsecs between refuelling stops, giving the transport enough
'legs' to venture outside the Commonwealth, making it a viable
Free Trader in this part of the Solomani Rim.
Designer's Notes: I named the ship after a French town,
Passchendaele (it was the site of a major battle in 1917 in which
the Australian Infantry Force played a significant role - I
designed the ship around ANZAC Day last year).
|Displacement: 600 tons
||Hull Armor: 28
|Length: 50 meters
|Price: 307.42 MCr
||Target Size: S
|Configuration: Cylinder AF
||Tech Level: 11
|Mass (Loaded/Unloaded): 8432.26/3297.26 (without drop tanks)
8695.78/3560.78 (with drop tanks)
- Power Plant: 600 MW Fusion Power Plant (50 MW/hit), 1 year duration
(63.34 MW excess power)
- Jump Performance: Jump-2 without drop tanks (630 m^3 fuel)
Jump-1 with drop tanks (341 m^3 fuel)
- G-Rating: 1-G (300 MW/G)(Heplar), Contra-grav lifters (120 MW)
- G-Turns: 20 (39 with jump fuel), 75 m3 each (without tanks)
36 (54 with jump fuel), 81.25 m3 each (with drop tanks)
- Computer: 3x TL 11 Mod FibComputers (0.7 MW each)
- Commo: 300,000km radio (10 hexes, 10 MW), 1000 AU maser
(infinite, 0.6 MW)
- Avionics: TL-10+ Avionics
- Sensors: Passive EMS fixed array 90,000km (3 hexes, 0.15 MW),
Active EMS 60,000km (2 hexes, 30 MW)
- Controls: Bridge with 6 workstation. Low Automation controls
2x turret hardpoint socket (Loc 10,11; 2,3,4)
- Master Fire Directors
- Life Support: Extended.
- Grav Compensation: 2Gs
- Crew: 14: 1x Captain, 8x Engineers, 1x Electronics,
2x Maneuver and 2x Maintenance.
- Crew Accommodations:
8x Large Stateroom (0.001 MW ea.), double occupied where necessary
- Passenger Accommodations:
2x Large Stateroom (0.001 MW ea.)
- Cargo: 5135 m3. 12 Large cargo hatches.
- Small Craft and Launch Facilities: None
- Air Locks: 6
The large cargo space can accomodate a large variety of payloads.
Power couplings are available, and the area receives full life
support. The cargo hatches at the rear of the ship fold open to
allow roll on-roll off (RO-RO) operations, making vehicle
disembarkation a simple procedure (The entire bottom rear of the
ship opens up).
®1996. Traveller is a registered trademark of FarFuture Enterprises. All rights reserved.
©1996 by Paul Walker. Some of the material on this page is copyright by Paul Walker.
BARD Logo Copyright ©1996 by Lawrence C. Cox.
This page constructed by Lewis Roberts.