BARD PAPER: SARA5051
design by Nick Bradbeer
Officially designated an 'Interdiction Support Vessel' the Jacobite was a
multirole minelayer, operated by the IISS in peacetime in support of
Quarantines, but seconded to the Navy in times of war for blockade duties.
Based on the ubiquitous Sulieman class hull, the Jacobite looked outwardly
like a Scout/Courier, except for the arrangement of the HEPlaR exhausts and
hangar doors on the aft bulkhead.
The aft half of the hull was given over to reconfigurable hangar space. Two
six-ton and one twenty-four ton space could serve as small craft hangars or
cargo bays without alteration, or could have mine racks loaded for dispersal
of stationary mines. The single large hangar could also be configured with
autoloading equipment to serve as an extended magazine for the weapons
Each of the lower hangars was equipped with a grounding ramp to allow ground
vehicles to be carried and unloaded. The upper hangar had no such ramp, but
an extendable beam hoist allowed heavy objects to be lifted in and out of
the aft door. A debarkation ramp for crew folded down from the port side,
abaft the port main landing gear.
Armament comprised a single dorsal turret, containing a standard launch
tube, an autoloader and a dual-mode laser. Both weapons were operated from
the gunner's station, located immediately abaft of the crew common area. The
turret had a dedicated magazine containing up to 13 reloads, either space
combat missiles, planetary strike missiles, or remote mine delivery
vehicles. This magazine could be reloaded through hatches in the roof of the
|Displacement: 100 tons
||Hull Armor: 20
|Length: 34.7 meters
||Volume: 1,400 m3
|Price: 53.36 MCr
||Target Size: S
|Configuration: SL Wedge
||Tech Level: 15
|Mass (Loaded/Unloaded): 631.6 / 602.7
- Power Plant: 125 MW Fusion Power Plant, 0.5 year duration (6.3 m3 fuel)
- Jump Performance: 2
- Jump Fuel: 210 m3
- G-Rating: 2G HEPlaR (31.43 MW/G), High-Efficiency CG Lifter (10 MW)
- G-Turns: 50 (J1: 76.7; 103.5 using all jump fuel), 3.9 m3 fuel each
- Maint: 23
- Computer: 3xTL-15 Standard computer (0.55 MW)
- Commo: Maser (1000 AU; 0.6 MW), Radio (10 hex; 10 MW)
- Avionics: Imaging EMS, inertial/gravitational positioning, 190 km/h NOE
- Sensors: AEMS (8 hex; 13 MW), PEMS (3 hex; 0.06 MW),
- ECM/ECCM: EM Masking (1.4 MW)
- Controls: No bridge, 2 normal workstations, High Automation
- Offensive TL-15 24-MJ Laser Turret (Loc:0-Arcs:0;53.3 MW;1 crew) -3 DMs for 24 Mj Mode, and -5 DMs for 7.5 Mj mode. Missile Turret
- Defensive: None
- Master Fire Directors:None
|Name ||Short ||Medium ||Long ||Extreme |
|Laser Turret - 24-MJ Mode ||3:1/4-12|| 6:1/2-6 ||12:1/1-3|| 24:1/0-2|
|Laser Turret - 7.5-MJ Mode||3:1/2-7 ||6:1/1-3 ||12:1/1-2|| 24:0|
- Life Support: Extended (0.28 MW)
- Grav Compensation: 6Gs (6.97 MW)
- Crew: 3 (2xManeuver, 0xElectronics, 1xGunnery)
- Crew Accommodations: 3xSmall Stateroom (0.5 kW)
- Passenger Accomadation: 1x Small Stateroom
- Other Facilities: None
- Cargo: 0 m3 13 missiles in magazine at 7 m3 each
- Small Craft and Launch Facilities: 2x3-ton minimal hangar, 12-ton minimal hangar
- Air Locks: 1
Total Fuel Tankage: 412.7 m3 (29.5 tons).
Fuel scoops (3% of ship surface), fills tanks in 2.46 hours.
Fuel purification machinery (1MW), 12.38 hours to refine 412.7 m3.
Crew requirements are calculated by using 'Modifed FFS' crew model.
Traveller is a registered trademark of Far Future Enterprises.
Portions of this material are © 1977-1996 Far Future
BARD Logo Copyright ©1996 by Lawrence C. Cox.