BARD PAPER: SARA0030
Eyeball Beta- Class Probe
design by Nick
The Eyeball series of probes offered a means of observing over a wide area without danger to the parent ship. Ranging in size from 1dt to 3 dt, plus the larger 5dt Cyclops, they provided survey and scout ships with many additional functions.
Later versions of the probes were modified to provide even more capabilities, including personnel transport and some were even made jump capable.
The Beta version was a slight improvement over the Alpha version, intended for close in Search and Rescue work. G-Hours of fuel were sacrificed to include a wider range of communicators, including short range laser and radio links, as well as a 25m Neural Activity Sensor to scan for life signs. Main comms were, however, still run through the 1000AU military maser link.
EMM was fitted as standard, since this was primarily a military design, and the probes were even fitted out with Contra-Grav drives to assist operations in planetary gravity wells.
See also the
Alpha Series Search Probe
Gamma Series Rescue Probe.
Eyeball Beta-Class Probe
|Displacement: 1 tons
||Hull Armor: 12
|Length: 2.99 meters
||Volume: 14 m3
|Price: 5.13 MCr
||Target Size: Mc
||Tech Level: 14
|Mass (Loaded/Unloaded): 20.5 / 20.1
- Power Plant: 12.5 MW Fusion Power Plant, 0.1 year's duration (36 days) at 0.12m3 of Lhyd Fuel
- Jump Performance: None
- G-Rating: 8G HEPlaR (0.44 MW/G)
- G-Turns: 108,
- Maint: 3
- Computer: , TL-14 Flight computer (0.05 MW)
- Commo: Laser (1 hex; 0.08 MW), Maser (Unlimited; 0.6 MW), Radio (1 hex; 1 MW)
- Avionics: Imaging EMS, IGS positioning, 180 km/h NOE
- Sensors: AEMS (2 hex; 7 MW), PEMS Folding array (2 hex; 0.04 MW), Neural Activity Sensor (0.025 km; 0.005 MW)
- ECM/ECCM: EM Masking (0.014 MW)
- Controls: No bridge, 0 normal workstations
- Offensive: None
- Defensive: None
- Master Fire Directors: None
- Life Support: m3 LS volume (0 MW), Gravitic Compensators (0 MW)
- Grav Compensation: 5 G.
- Crew: 2 (1xManeuver, 1xElectronics)
- Crew Accommodations: Cockpit
- Cargo: None
- Small Craft and Launch Facilities: None
- Air Locks: 0
Crew requirements are calculated by using 'Original FFS' crew model.
0 MW power surplus
®1996. Traveller is a registered trademark of FarFuture Enterprises. All righ
BARD Logo Copyright ©1996 by Lawrence C. Cox.